National University Health System (NUHS) – National Health Innovation Centre Singapore (NHIC) Joint Medical Technology (MedTech) Grant
NUHS and NHIC set up the NUHS-NHIC Joint MedTech Grant to support investigators in their efforts for early-stage development of a clinically significant and commercially-viable healthcare innovation which show potential for obtaining next stage National MedTech grants. The end deliverable should be in-vitro diagnostics or health services solution.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The lead Principal Investigator (PI) must hold a primary appointment in NUHS (i.e. NUH/NUSMed/FoD/SPH), and salaried by NUH/NUSMed/FoD/SPH throughout the effective grant period.
- Only one lead PI is allowed per application.
- Only one application per lead PI can be submitted per grant call.
- Co-Investigator (Co-I) need to hold at least an adjunct position in a local public institution.
- Researchers from overseas institutions or private companies can only participate as Collaborators.
The funding quantum and duration for each project is:
(Co-funded by NUHS and NHIC; No IRC provided)
Note: Indirect research costs, travel and conference costs are not allowable. Extension is capped at 6 months.
List of Awarded Projects
For the list of awarded NUHS-NHIC Joint Medical Technology (MedTech) Grant projects, please click here
For more information about this grant, please contact your Host Institution’s Research Office:
Alfred CHIA (PhD)